5 Reasons You Should Take a Bath Tonight!
I will openly admit that I have never been much of a bath person. I always liked the idea, but once I got in the tub, I was bored and got out after only a few minutes. I learned in the past few months that this kept happening because I was doing it wrong! I did not understand the whole idea behind a bath and once I saw the light, I developed an appreciation for what a bath truly can do for the body and the spirit. So, if you are like I used to be and don't consider yourself a bath person, check out these 5 reasons why you should have an open mind and give bath time another try. I am not talking about bath time with your 3 year old, by the way. This is all about enjoying a relaxing bath as a grown up!
- Pamper your skin. There are loads of cool things that you can add to your bath, from bath salts to bath bombs to bubble bath to bath melts. Most of these items contain skin softening ingredients like shea butter, baking soda, epsom salts and oatmeal. They are added to a bath to make your skin feel great. Any they do!
- Unwind & relax. Scents like lavender are calming and can bring a sense of peace and relaxation before bed. Stressed about work? Anxious about bills? Kids making you worry? Time in the bath where you give yourself a break from everyday struggles can help you get a good night's sleep
- Soak away aches & pains. Epsom salts can help ease discomfort from aches and pains. Give your body a way to recover from the trials of physical activity and restore your muscles.
- Experience a trip to the spa. If you like to be pampered but don't have time or money to visit a spa, give yourself that experience at home. Calming music. A set of candles. A cup of herbal tea (or a glass of wine). These items can make your bath time a special treat from the comfort of your own home.
- Make the time enjoyable. One of the reasons I used to get bored was that I did not bring an "activity" to my bath time. Read a book. Listen to music or a podcast. Plan a trip. Browse Pinterest. Use the time in the bath relax in a way that you find enjoyable. Try not to drop your book or iPad into the tub though!
A friend told me during a discussion about taking baths that "it is not about getting clean". A nightly bath is not meant to replace your morning shower. Baths are a way to relax, soothe and indulge your mind & body. Give this list a try and see for yourself how much better you will sleep, and consequently wake up rejuvenated and revived.